The mission of the Senior Dreams Foundation is to provide financial assistance, goods, equipment and services to those current or future residents of Dial Senior Living Communities in need of such resources to enhance their lives. The Foundation is committed to assisting these senior citizens in maintaining the dignity, enhancing the enjoyment and improving the quality and comfort of their lives.
Who Can Give?
Anyone can give: people who are aging in their senior years, adult children, corporate giving and anyone who wishes to leave a lasting impression on the lives of seniors.
Types of Gifts Accepted
- Cash Gifts - check or cash.
- Gifts of Stock - the fair market value is determined by taking the average of the stock’s high and low on the date the gift is received.
- Naming Senior Dreams Foundation as Recipient of Memorial Gifts - all gifts are receipted in a timely manner and the family is notified of all memorial gifts that may come directly to the Senior Dreams Foundation.
- Fund Raising Events and Appeals - fund raising events are scheduled throughout the year with the purpose of raising awareness in the local area. When a donor supports a fund raising event, the IRS requires that we deduct any consideration costs (price of meal, fee, etc.) before the net contribution is receipted.
- In-Kind Contributions - when someone donates a product instead of a financial gift, this in-kind gift is receipted by the Senior Dreams Foundation. Appraisals of in-kind contributions may be required.
- Will or Revocable Living Trust - including the Senior Dreams Foundation in a will, codicil (amendment to a will) or revocable living trust is a tangible way for donors to support the Senior Dreams Foundation for years to come.
- Life Insurance Beneficiary - a life insurance beneficiary designation can be updated and changed without losing any value to the policy. The Senior Dreams Foundation could be added to the list of those considered for this end-of-life gift.
- Charitable Remainder Trust (CRT) - enables property or money to be donated to the Senior Dreams Foundation but the donor continues to use the property and/or receive income from it while living. The beneficiaries receive the income and the Senior Dreams Foundation will receive the principal on death. The donor avoids any capital gains tax on the donated assets and may receive an income tax deduction for the fair market value of the remainder interest. In addition, the asset is removed from the estate, reducing subsequent estate taxes.
- Charitable Lead Trust - enables property income or investment income to be given to the Senior Dreams Foundation while the grantor is living but the principal passes to other designated parties upon the grantor’s death or a period of years.
- Gifts Using Qualified Retirement Plans - assets in some retirement plans can be heavily taxed when they pass through to heirs. In addition to estate taxes, retirement plan assets are subject to income taxes for heirs. This tax burden can be avoided by naming the Senior Dreams Foundation as a beneficiary. One can name the heir and the Senior Dreams Foundation, both as beneficiaries. Any amount that passes to the Senior Dreams Foundation will do so without estate or income taxes.
To make a donation to the Senior Dreams Foundation, click here to download a donor form.